Yoga for the Nervous System: Healing Anxiety, Insomnia, and Chronic Stress
Bo Forbes, PsyD, E-RYT 500, is a clinical psychologist, yoga teacher, and integrative yoga therapist whose background includes training in biopsychology, behavioral medicine, sleep disorders, and stress management. She is the founder of Integrative Yoga…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels; no yoga experience required.
Anxiety, insomnia, PTSD, and chronic stress exist not only in the mind, but also in the brain and body. The nervous system is the gateway to changing these emotional patterns: when it’s in a constant state of overdrive, change is difficult at best.
This workshop explores
- The neural principles that underlie progressive change and how you can make them work for you
- Three ways to balance your nervous system and shift out of anxiety
- How your enteric nervous system (your “belly” brain) and immune system can be game-changers on the path to emotional balance
- Powerful methods to revitalize your mind-body network and reverse the effects of chronic stress
- How to create a therapeutic practice that nourishes your nervous system and promotes resilience
- Ways to identify and use your emotional “dimmer switch”
- Methods to access your body’s wisdom.
Learn to integrate breathing exercises, postural adjustments, mindful yoga poses, and restorative postures into a therapeutically sustainable practice. Bo Forbes teaches ways to quiet the mind, energize the body, regulate emotions, cultivate fearlessness, and catalyze your extraordinary inner potential.
Note This workshop includes a Saturday early-evening clinic and two early-morning classes.
- 13 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $30 additional charge
- 6.5 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 13 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Read, Watch, Listen
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More