Yoga for the Nervous System: Balancing Anxiety, Lifting Depression, and Building Stress Resilience
Bo Forbes, PsyD, E-RYT 500, is a clinical psychologist, yoga teacher, and integrative yoga therapist whose background includes training in biopsychology, behavioral medicine, sleep disorders, and stress management. She is the founder of Integrative Yoga…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels; no yoga experience required.
The patterns of anxiety, insomnia, PTSD, and chronic stress are wired into us by the mind, brain, and body. The gateway to pattern change is the autonomic nervous system, which links closely with the belly brain, immune system, and connective tissue matrix. Learn to create balance in these systems through breathing exercises, mindful yoga, postural tools, deep tissue work, and restorative poses, and explore how to balance the nervous system, quiet the mind, energize the body, regulate emotions, and develop stress resilience.
In this workshop, you also learn
- The neural principles that underlie progressive change
- The three key ways to build stress resilience
- How your enteric nervous system is a game-changer in emotional balance
- A template for creating your own therapeutic practice
- How to turn on your emotional “dimmer switch.”
Note This workshop includes a Saturday early-evening clinic and two early-morning classes.
- 11 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 10 credits for Massage & Body Workers (NCBTMB), $30 additional charge
- 13.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 13.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Read, Watch, Listen
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $262 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $398 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More