Yoga to Redefine Ourselves After Loss
Antonio Sausys, MA, CMT, RYT, is a somatic health practitioner and yoga instructor specializing in one-on-one yoga therapy for people with chronic and acute medical conditions, as well as emotional imbalance. He studied with yoga…
Full Bio & Programs
The natural human response to any loss is grief. That loss may be the death of a loved one, a pet, a job, a dream, or even material objects. Because we identify ourselves through our attachments, losing people or things to which we are attached requires a redefinition of who we are.
Yoga can be instrumental in redefining ourselves based on our true spiritual essence. In this retreat, we
- Explore the physical symptoms of grief and their psychoneurological basis
- Clarify the importance of the heart chakra in physical and emotional health
- Learn and practice helpful techniques for relieving grief
- Experience the comfort and acceptance of being with others who are dealing with loss.
Antonio Sausys draws from yoga and psychotherapy, alternating experiential work with talks to present tools for managing grief.
Note If you are newly bereaved (have experienced a loss within the past six months), please contact the presenter at 415.258.2830 for a pre-registration phone interview.
- 29 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- 29 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $575 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $875 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More