Yoga Nidra: The Theory and Practice of Conscious Relaxation
Beth Gibbs, MA, E-RYT 500, is a yoga therapist certified through Integrative Yoga Therapy (IYT). She is a senior member of the IYT teaching faculty and directs the school’s Professional Yoga Therapist Internship Program. Beth…
Full Bio & Programs
For Integrative Yoga Therapy Professional Yoga Therapist Training students who have just taken Module 1 or who are about to take Module 2 with Joseph Le Page.
This six-hour workshop provides a basic understanding of the history, theory, and benefits of yoga nidra. You experience one short and one long yoga nidra session and learn how to sequence a basic yoga nidra practice for stress reduction. In two sessions (7:30–9:30 pm on Sunday and 8:30–12:30 am on Monday), you also learn
- A structured, step-by-step technique for conscious relaxation and its application to therapeutic yoga and yoga therapy
- Similarities and differences between traditional and contemporary yoga nidra
- The differences between guided relaxation and yoga nidra.
- 6 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 6 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $115 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $175 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More