Yoga Therapy Applied in Medical Settings: Module 4
Joseph Le Page is the founder and director of Integrative Yoga Therapy (IYT) and a pioneer in yoga therapy training programs. Since 1994, more than 3,000 students have participated in IYT programs, which draw on…
Full Bio & Programs
Debra Jensen, PTA, E-RYT 500, CHC, is a certified health counselor and integrative yoga therapist. Since 2003, she has taught yoga classes for cancer survivors at Southampton Hospital, as well as chair yoga, Level I…
Full Bio & Programs
with special guests Karen O’Donnell Clarke, Sat Bir S. Khalsa, Allen Wilkins, Terry Roth Schaff, Sudha Carolyn Lundeen, Susi Amendola, and Robert Saper
show presenter details hide presenter details
For medical professionals with min. 1 year of yoga experience, students of any yoga therapy tradition, and students who have completed Integrative Yoga Therapy Foundations of Yoga Therapy: Module 1.
Module 4 of Integrative Yoga Therapy training presents yoga therapy applications for medical conditions. Each day focuses on a system of the body, the most common medical conditions affecting that system, and specific therapeutic yoga approaches to support healing. Joseph Le Page, founder and director of Integrative Yoga Therapy, introduces a detailed protocol for a condition being highlighted that day, and leads a practice based on that protocol.
Important facets of this training include
- Half- and full-day workshops offered by leaders in the field who have in-depth experience in treating specific conditions with yoga
- Contraindications for yoga therapy treatment of these conditions
- Daily morning asana class concentrating on one of the conditions being covered that day
- Yoga nidra and meditation techniques appropriate for each condition.
Required reading Larry Payne, Terra Gold, and Eden Goldman, Yoga Therapy and Integrative Medicine.
- Swami Shankardevananda, Effects of Yoga on Hypertension
- Swami Yogapratap, Exploring Yoga and Cancer
- Swami Muktananda, Nawa Yogini Tantra: Yoga for Women
- Swami Shankardevananda, Practices of Yoga for the Digestive System
- Swami Satyananada Saraswati and Swami Karmananda Saraswati, Yoga and Cardiovascular Management
- Swami Shankardevananda, Yogic Management of Asthma and Diabetes
- Swami Nirmalananda, Yogic Management of Cancer.
Teaching Format and Contact Hours
This course is a one-week residential program fulfilling 65 contact hours. Classes are held daily, beginning at 6:00 am and ending at 8:30 pm. These hours can be applied to the 800-hour Professional Yoga Therapist Training Program accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
- 69 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 69 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 199:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $837 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $1,273 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More