Kripalu School of Ayurveda
The Kripalu School of Ayurveda (KSA) offers general education to those interested in improving their personal health through Ayurveda and professional trainings to those seeking to start new careers or enhance their current vocations by helping others achieve optimal health and vitality.
A well-trained Ayurvedic practitioner may choose to enter into private practice, join other health-care practitioners at a wellness center, teach public education classes on Ayurvedic principles, or conduct workshops, seminars, and retreats. Health-care providers and yoga instructors with Ayurvedic training can enhance their current practice by offering their clients Ayurvedic services. Enjoy exploring your many options for Ayurvedic education at Kripalu Center.
Within a year, you can graduate with professional certification as a 650-Hour Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant or 500-Hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher. All trainings begin with 200-Hour Foundations of Ayurveda, offered in two 9-day sessions. These immersion sessions take place at Kripalu and are complemented by at-home study.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga, is the oldest holistic and preventative oriented health-care system in the world. More than 5,000 years old, Ayurvedic wisdom is rooted in India’s ancient Vedic texts. The translation of this Sanskrit word “ayurveda” is “the science of life.” True to its name, Ayurveda looks to the principles of nature, harmony, and rhythm to help individuals better understand their unique health profiles and to come into alignment with the nature that exists both within and around them.
Why Study Ayurveda at Kripalu?
The Kripalu School of Ayurveda offers many benefits for those interested in learning more about Ayurveda:
- Leading Reputation Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, is the home of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda. A trusted name in the field of wellness, Kripalu is the largest, most established center for yoga and holistic health in the United States. Nearly 30,000 people a year attend programs at Kripalu, giving your Kripalu certification instant name recognition and credibility.
- Expert Faculty You’ll study with the leading Ayurvedic teachers and practitioners in the West, including Vasant Lad, Scott Blossom, John Douillard, Claudia Welch, and Hilary Garivaltis.
- Low-Residency Format Complete any of our three Ayurvedic programs with as little time away from home and work as possible. Trainings are made up of multiple program sessions or modules ranging from seven to twelve days in length.
- Inspiring Curriculum Take part in an integrated curriculum designed to make Ayurveda an exciting exploration that results in you feeling more connected to your self, others, and seasonal rhythms, while also giving you the confidence to bring this ancient technology to your clients, friends, and/or family members.
- Experiential Learning Participate in a teaching methodology that provides a unique mix of didactic education and experiential sessions. Continue to practice the teachings in your own life through at-home study assignments in between sessions and discover your own natural rhythms and sources of wisdom.
- Yoga-Inspired Lifestyle Stay at Kripalu Center during your training sessions and immerse yourself in Kripalu’s lifestyle curriculum, including daily yoga classes, deliciously nourishing all-natural meals, the company of people with similar interests, the beauty of the Berkshires, and much more.
- Professional Certification Graduate as a Kripalu Certified Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant or 500-Hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher. A well-trained Ayurvedic practitioner may choose to enter into private practice, join other health-care practitioners at a wellness center, teach public education classes on Ayurvedic principles, or conduct workshops, seminars, and retreats. Health-care providers and yoga instructors with Ayurvedic training can enhance their current practice by offering their clients Ayurvedic services.