Kripalu Schools of Yoga and Ayurveda
Admissions and Certification Requirements
Applicants for all Kripalu Schools of Yoga and Ayurveda programs must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Display English-language competency
- Have received a high school diploma or GED
- Exhibit the ability to contribute to a safe and cohesive learning environment
- Demonstrate physical, mental, and emotional preparedness to fully participate in all required aspects of the program.
- The Kripalu certification programs have an intensive schedule (approximately 10.5 classroom hours per day) and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. To be admitted, you must demonstrate medical and mental health and readiness to fully participate in the demands of the program. Additionally, an applicant must be able to support the group learning process and may be denied if it is determined that his/her participation would in any way compromise a safe and cohesive learning environment. The Kripalu Schools of Yoga and Ayurveda Admissions Committee may require clinical evaluations or other information to competently evaluate your medical and/or mental-health preparedness.
- Have some personal experience with Kripalu Yoga.
- We recommend that students have some personal experience with Kripalu Yoga prior to taking our trainings. Classes and workshops with a Kripalu Yoga teacher provide this experiential background. To find a Kripalu Yoga teacher near you, visit kripalu.org/find_a_teacher. If you do not have access to Kripalu Yoga classes where you live, you can experience Kripalu Yoga at home with our free online classes, available at kripalu.org/kripaluathome. The Kripalu Yoga DVD series is also available for purchase online at shop.kripalu.org. This collection includes gentle, moderate, and vigorous flows as well as an arm-balancing and inversion flow taught by Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training faculty.