Kripalu Schools of Yoga and Ayurveda
Kripalu is committed to supporting individuals interested in enhancing their life and realizing their human potential through yoga, regardless of background or financial status. The intention of the scholarship fund is to make Kripalu certifications available to individuals seeking to enhance their professional skills, regardless of their financial situation. Scholarships are made possible by the generous support of Kripalu’s patrons and donors.
Scholarship Policies and Criteria
Kripalu AcceptanceThe Kripalu Schools of Yoga and Ayurveda scholarship application is for the following on-site programs only:
- 200-Hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training
- 200-Hour Foundations of Ayurveda
- 300-Hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training*
- 300-Hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training*
- Yoga Teacher Specialist Training
- 650-Hour Ayurvedic Health Counselor Training**
- Kripalu’s Annual Yoga Teachers Conference
If you wish to apply for a scholarship for a Kripalu program not listed above, please visit the general Kripalu program scholarship page for an application.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed after applicant has been accepted into the program. Applications may be submitted together. Kripalu’s Annual Yoga Teachers Conference does not require acceptance into the program for a scholarship to be awarded.
*Scholarships for the 300-Hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training, the 300-Hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training, and the Yoga Teacher Specialist Training are awarded per module date. You may apply for up to four module dates at a time (Foundations of Ayurveda Parts 1 and 2 are awarded as one scholarship since they must be taken together). A scholarship award does not guarantee space in the module. Please indicate the start date for the modules you are applying for.
**Scholarship for the Ayurvedic Health Counselor Training modules is awarded for the entire program.
All scholarship applicants must demonstrate financial need to receive a partial scholarship award. Please fill out the assets, liabilities, and expenses portion of this application as completely and accurately as possible in order to allow the Scholarship Committee to most accurately assess your level of financial need. Please note that we do not need attached financial documentation. We consider this application to be a trust-based process and rely on applicants' honest and complete self-report of financial need. Please remember that your accurate representation of need helps us maximize limited scholarship funds and support as many students as possible who require financial assistance.
All scholarships are partial and funds are limited. Scholarships are awarded towards your tuition and dormitory-style housing. If you choose to upgrade your accommodation, your scholarship will no longer apply, with the exception of a medical condition. Although scholarship awards vary according to seasonal demand for programs, scholarships are typically awarded within the range of 20–40 percent and are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis as long as funds remain and space is available in the program. As there are limited funds available for each program date and programs fill quickly, we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. Submitting an application for a scholarship does not guarantee you a scholarship award.
Scholarship Application Checklist
To apply for a scholarship to the Kripalu, please do the following:
- Make sure you have submitted your program application to the relevant program. Scholarship applications will not be reviewed without your program application. Not applicable for Kripalu’s Annual Yoga Teachers Conference.
- Complete and submit the Kripalu Schools of Yoga and Ayurveda scholarship application, making sure to report all assets, liabilities, and expenses as completely and accurately as possible. Supporting financial documents are not required.
- If you currently live outside the United States, please describe in the section entitled “additional financial consideration” any currency-conversion variables the Scholarship Committee should take into account in assessing your level of need.
You will receive notification of your scholarship decision from the Kripalu Schools of Yoga and Ayurveda Scholarship Committee via e-mail approximately two to four weeks from the date of your acceptance into your program. If you do not have an e-mail address, we will send it by regular mail and will also call you to inform you of your status.
Scholarship award does not guarantee a space in the programs. To confirm your place in the training, you must call Registrations to make a reservation and place a deposit of 50% of your remaining program cost.
There is no work-study program for the Kripalu Schools of Yoga and Ayurveda.