Kripalu School of Yoga
Yoga Teacher Training 500-Hour Certification
Advance your teaching. Deepen your practice.
Whether you’re looking to deepen your own yoga practice or advance your teaching skills, the 500-Hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training will help you distinguish yourself as a unique and inspired teacher by building your confidence in advanced elements of yoga, enhancing your skills and knowledge, and cultivating your authentic teaching style.
As yoga grows in popularity, students and studios require more teachers with in-depth training and the ability to teach to wider varieties of students, including beginners, advanced practitioners, and people with unique limitations or special needs. This training is designed for yoga teachers already certified at the 200-hour level and is one of the rare 500-hour certifications that is physically and personally rigorous, while remaining accessible to teachers of all ages, body types, and backgrounds. You will graduate as a certified 500-hour Kripalu Yoga teacher prepared to take your teaching to the next level and discover new realms of your personal practice.
In this training, you will
- Deepen your knowledge of teaching postures in more advanced ways
- Experience various transformational teaching methodologies, class designs, and approaches to sequencing
- Build on your understanding of experiential anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology to maximize benefits and create safety for all students
- Explore applied yogic philosophy
- Develop skills for working with special populations
- Gain extensive practice one-on-one with your students
- Learn advanced asanas not taught in the 200-hour training.
Open to 200-hour-certified teachers from any tradition, the 500-Hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training consists of 300 hours of Yoga Alliance-approved content that, when combined with your 200-hour training, delivers a comprehensive and advanced 500-hour certification in Kripalu Yoga. The curriculum is offered in four 9-day modules, which can be taken in any order. Each module provides 75 hours of instruction and is designed to advance your practice, teaching skills, and repertoire.
- Module One: Advanced Techniques for Teaching and Assisting Asanas
- Module Two: Exploring the Energy Body: Teaching Pranayama and Meditation
- Module Three: Tools for Transformational Teaching
- Module Four: Therapeutic Approaches to Yoga
Graduates of Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training are in great demand for their in-depth knowledge, clear instruction, ability to teach to all levels, and skill to guide students to the experience of self-awareness that is the true essence of yoga. Kripalu Yoga teachers range in age from their 20s to their 80s and can be found teaching in community yoga studios; in urban and rural areas; in schools, prisons, and hospitals; and at workplaces from the United Nations to Cirque du Soleil. Because Kripalu supports individual inquiry and expression and helps teachers find the yoga that is unique to them, the places you find our teachers are as varied as the teachers themselves.