Kripalu School of Yoga
Yoga Teacher Training 500-Hour Certification
Advance your teaching. Deepen your practice.
Whether you are looking to deepen your practice or advance your teaching skills, the Kripalu 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training will
- Expand your range of asanas and sequences. Each module offers in-depth instruction in approximately 20 different advanced asanas.
- Strengthen your pranayama practice and enhance your ability to bring this powerful discipline to students of all levels.
- Cultivate a deeper relationship to meditation and learn how to instruct from the insights of your personal practice.
- Learn the therapeutic applications of yoga for special populations and increase your confidence in serving a more diverse array of students.
- Study Ayurveda and how to teach Kripalu Yoga classes to balance the doshas.
- Learn to lead Kripalu Vinyasa, and how to integrate this vibrant and enlivening practice into your classes.
- Enjoy wisdom tales, history, philosophy, and the joy of practicing in a like-minded community.
Open to 200-hour-certified teachers from any tradition, the 500-Hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training consists of 300 hours of Yoga Alliance-approved content. The curriculum is offered in four modules, which can be taken in any order. Each module provides a minimum of 75 hours of combined instruction and in-depth practice, and is designed to advance your practice, teaching skills, and repertoire. These modules may be taken in any order and most students complete all four modules within two years.
- Teaching Pranayama and Advanced Asana
- Guiding Kripalu Meditation and Advanced Asana
- Instructing Kripalu Yoga for Special Populations
Elective Modules (choose one)
Graduates of Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training are in great demand for their in-depth knowledge, clear instruction, ability to teach to all levels, and skill to guide students to the experience of self-awareness that is the true essence of yoga. Kripalu Yoga teachers range in age from their 20s to their 80s and can be found teaching in community yoga studios; in urban and rural areas; in schools, prisons, and hospitals; and at workplaces from the United Nations to Cirque du Soleil. Because Kripalu supports individual inquiry and expression and helps teachers find the yoga that is unique to them, the places you find our teachers are as varied as the teachers themselves.