Kripalu School of Ayurveda
Ayurvedic Health Counselor
This certification is for those who want to practice Ayurveda as a healing profession. Through in-depth studies in Ayurvedic principles and practices, this training prepares you to provide lifestyle consultations and holistic therapies. Comprised of Foundations of Ayurveda and four additional 9-day modules, you will gain in-depth knowledge of Ayurvedic assessment tools and healing protocols for the health and well-being of your clients. Certification as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor qualifies you to provide personal consultations that focus on optimizing physical, mental, and spiritual health from an Ayurvedic perspective.
What will you learn?
Highlights of what you will study during this training include
- How to work one-on-one with clients to develop an individual plan for health
- Reading the pulse to determine doshic qualities and imbalances
- Exposure to a diverse range of Ayurvedic therapies
- Knowledge of pathologies and the disease process
- The use of natural spices, teas, and herbs to improve overall health, digestion, assimilation, and elimination
- Strategies for preventing and managing many of today’s chronic health conditions
- Lifestyle tips for longevity, vitality, and health
- Stress-management techniques for yourself and your clients
- How to best interface with modern health-care models and other health-care professionals
- Approaches to creating community classes on health and vitality
- Tools for building a thriving holistic-health practice.
Module One: Anatomy, Physiology, and Herbology
Dive into Ayurvedic A&P, exploring dhatu formation, srotamsi, agni, ama, and ojas. Examine the fundamentals of herbology, including spices, teas, common herbs, and decoctions.
Module Two: Etiology, Pathology, Clinical Assessment, and Pulse Analysis
Study the pathways, causes, and stages of disease. Explore the ancient practice of pulse taking to identify doshic imbalance. Learn to work with clients through facilitated consultations and group presentations.
Module Three: Clinical Assessment, Vata Management, and Women’s Health
Build your skills using Ayurvedic tools for managing vata, the king of the doshas. Through clinical assessments, lecture, discussion, and group work, explore effective practices for supporting women’s health.
Module Four: Clinical Training, Ethics, and Working with Clients
Build confidence in providing Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle consultations in this clinical-heavy, hands-on module. Discuss the practicalities of opening a practice and the ethics of offering consultations.
Before certification at this level, you must complete a minimum of 100 hours of Western Anatomy and Physiology, comparable to two semesters of college-level coursework. Find information about approved online courses here, contact email@example.com, or call us at 800.848.8702.