Kripalu School of Ayurveda
300-Hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training
This training focuses on the basic principles of Ayurveda as they relate to yoga. Learn to integrate Ayurveda into a yoga class,and give students a deeper understanding of their body type as well as how the basic concepts of Ayurveda relate to everyday life. As a graduate you will also be prepared to offer private sessions to help people develop a personal yoga practice suited to their unique circumstances.
The 300-hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training is comprised of Foundations of Ayurveda followed by Integrating Ayurveda into Yoga Teaching plus one elective module, either Teaching Pranayama and Advanced Asana or Guiding Meditation for Transformational Yoga Teaching. The curriculum builds on existing knowledge of posture, pranayama, and other yogic techniques. Prerequisite 200-hour yoga teacher certification from a Yoga Alliance-approved training.
What will you learn?
Highlights of what you will study during this training include how to
- Customize yoga classes for balancing the doshas
- Teach one-on-one yoga sessions applying Ayurvedic principles
- Use yoga, meditation, and pranayama to address imbalances
- Teach seasonal flows, especially for the transitions between the seasons
- Teach classes that are designed by time of day.