Kripalu School of Ayurveda
500-Hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training
This training focuses on the basic principles of Ayurveda as they relate to yoga. Learn to integrate Ayurveda into a yoga class,and give students a deeper understanding of their body type as well as how the basic concepts of Ayurveda relate to everyday life. As a graduate you will also be prepared to offer private sessions to help people develop a personal yoga practice suited to their unique circumstances.
The 500-hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training is comprised of Foundations of Ayurveda followed by Advanced Studies in Yoga and Ayurveda plus one elective 9-day module, either Advanced Techniques for Teaching and Assisting Asana or Exploring the Energy Body: Teaching Pranayama and Meditation. The curriculum builds on existing knowledge of posture, pranayama, and other yogic techniques. Prerequisite 200-hour yoga teacher certification from a Yoga Alliance-approved training.
What will you learn?
Highlights of what you will study during this training include how to
- Customize yoga classes for balancing the doshas
- Teach one-on-one yoga sessions applying Ayurvedic principles
- Use yoga, meditation, and pranayama to address imbalances
- Teach seasonal flows, especially for the transitions between the seasons
- Teach classes that are designed by time of day.