- May 21–24, 2017
- Sunday–Wednesday: 3 nights
Curb the Urge Healing Food Issues
- Presenter: Mukta Kaur Khalsa
For all levels.
Learn how to appropriately curb life’s temptations and urges with behavioral health techniques that blend ancient yogic science with Western medicine to inspire and uplift the human spirit. The health of your body and the steadiness of your mind depend upon the body receiving the nutrients it needs to function. Healing processes are accelerated with specific foods that detoxify and rebuild the body.
This program uses asana, pranayama, and meditation to address a wide range of food issues, including
- Discipline vs. compulsiveness
- Food obsession and emotional eating
- Food as a coping mechanism
- The healing properties of food to enhance health and well-being
- Importance of digestion and elimination, the hub of excellent health
- Therapeutic formulas, recipes, and diets to cleanse and rebuild the body.
Recommended reading Mukta Kaur Khalsa, Meditations for Addictive Behavior and Healing Addictive Behavior; Yogi Bhajan, Foods for Health and Healing.
Continuing education SuperHealth is approved for 12.5 hours by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (provider #131565) to sponsor continuing education for licensed, LMFTs, (Marriage & Family Therapists,) LCSWs, (Clinical Social Work), LPCC,(Professional Clinical Counselor) LEP (Educational Psychologists). SuperHealth maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.