- July 24–August 6, 2017
- Monday–Sunday: 13 nights
Foundations of Yoga Therapy Kripalu School of Integrative Yoga Therapy Professional Therapist Training, Module 1
For yoga teachers who have completed a 200-hour Yoga Alliance-registered program.
Immerse yourself in one of the most established yoga therapy training courses available, focusing on the use of yoga as a true healing art. Yoga therapy can be applied in a wide variety of mainstream settings, including hospitals and health-care offices.
This foundational training includes
- The philosophy and psychology of yoga therapy
- Yoga practices, benefits, and contraindications for each system of the body and for specific health conditions
- The use of asana in healing musculoskeletal injuries
- Evaluation skills for assessing imbalance at the physical, energetic, psychological, and spiritual levels
- Movement techniques for developing strength and flexibility
- The essential principles of Ayurveda for yoga therapy
- In-depth exploration of the energy body
- Practical skills for supporting clients at the psychoemotional level, including stress management, relaxation, concentration, meditation, and yoga nidra
- Yoga-based awareness methods such as body mapping, mandala drawing, and guided imagery.
This two-week module introduces specific Integrative Yoga Therapy programs and sets you on the path toward certification.
Joseph and Lilian Le Page, Yoga Toolbox for Teachers and Mudras for Healing and Transformation (available at iytyogatherapy.com)
Ray Long, The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga
Robert Sapolsky, Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers
Required materials 5” Myofascial Black Ball, Small Slo-Mo Ball, Myofascial Ball Foot Kit (Super Balls; available at mariaalive.com.
Note Tuition includes an $85 fee for a manual required in both modules. Information about IYT certification can be found here.
For students planning to take Module 1, July 24–August 6, and Module 2, August 7–20, an additional night stay is required.
Program at a Glance
Joseph Le Page, founder and director of Integrative Yoga Therapy (IYT), has trained more than 3,000 teachers and therapists.Full Bio and Programs
Jennifer Reis, E-RYT 500, LMT, creator of Five Element Yoga® and Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra®, is a faculty member for the Kripalu School of Yoga and School of Integrative Yoga Therapy.Full Bio and Programs
Beth Gibbs, MA, E-RYT 500, is a yoga therapist certified through Integrative Yoga Therapy (IYT). She is a senior member of the IYT teaching faculty and...Full Bio and Programs
Maria Mendola, RN, MS, E-RYT 500, is both a structural yoga therapist and an integrative yoga therapist. She has practiced yoga for more than 30 years.Full Bio and Programs
Mary Northey, RYT-500, is an IYT graduate and Yoga of the Heart Cardiac and Cancer Program teacher.Full Bio and Programs