Guiding Meditation for Transformational Yoga Teaching: Exploring the World Within 300-Hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga teaches us that the pursuit of inner stillness is actually enhanced by periods of physical activity. As you sink into meditation, asana becomes a tool to embody higher awareness. Guiding Meditation for Transformational Yoga Teaching provides you with the support, practice, and guidance needed to bring all facets of your being into the single focus of samyama.
Using a unique Kripalu teaching methodology that integrates modifications, variations, and hands-on assists, you learn how to make the benefits of meditation and advanced asana accessible to your students.
This module includes
- Immersion into the core meditation techniques of the Kripalu tradition
- An integrated practice of postures, pranayama, and relaxation to enhance meditation
- Simple yet effective tools to access the meditative states of dharana and dhyana
- Insight into the broad spectrum of meditation approaches and their benefits
- Discussion on how yoga and meditation can affect the healing, growth, and transformation processes.
■ This program may be taken as part of Kripalu’s 1000-Hour Yoga Teacher Training or as a standalone program. If you wish to take this training as a standalone, please complete our Kripalu Yoga Trainings application.
Program at a Glance
Jonathan Foust (Sudhir), MA, cofounder of the Meditation Teacher Training Institute and former President of Kripalu, has been leading retreats and training teachers for more than 25 years.Full Bio and Programs
You Might Also Like
- March 26–31, 2017
- Sunday–Friday: 5 nights