- May 19–21, 2017
- Friday–Sunday: 2 nights
Mindful Self-Compassion Core Skills Training
- Presenter: Christopher Germer
Self-compassion is an emotional skill that can be learned by everyone. It means being warm and understanding toward yourself when you suffer, fail, or feel inadequate. Burgeoning research shows that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional well-being, reduces anxiety and depression, and promotes healthy lifestyle habits.
In this program, you learn
- What self-compassion is and isn’t
- How to enhance mindfulness with self-compassion
- The art of loving-kindness meditation
- Ways to motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Techniques for handling difficult emotions with greater ease
- How to transform challenging relationships and fully enjoy your life.
Christopher Germer presents the theory and core practices of the empirically supported, eight-week Mindful Self-Compassion training, a program designed to help participants become more self-compassionate using meditation, exercises, and group discussion. Come join this journey of self-discovery and self-kindness.
Recommended reading Christopher Germer, The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions; Kristin Neff, Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself.