- August 20–25, 2017
- Sunday–Friday: 5 nights
At Play with the Radiance Sutras A Meditation Retreat and Teacher Training
For all levels; optional meditation teacher training for yoga teachers.*
Meditation is one of life’s great pleasures, a vacation in the vibrant present. There are hundreds of meditation techniques, and, when you find the style that fits your inner nature, meditation feels like the most natural thing in the world. This retreat explores the luminous teachings of the Radiance Sutras, Lorin Roche’s new translation of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, an ancient yoga text that describes 112 meditation practices for touching the sacred in daily life. The teachings are playful, instinctive, down-to-earth, and transcendent.
Meet yourself where you are in a retreat that emphasizes naturalness, spontaneity, and being at home in the universe. You learn
- A variety of meditation practices
- How meditation can be more restful than sleep
- Skills for handling emotions and sensations that arise in meditation
- Techniques to blend meditation and movement.
*Note For those interested in the Yoga Alliance accredited meditation teacher training, there will be extended hours. This counts as 40 hours of teacher training (contact and non-contact hours). For further information, visit lorinroche.com. The training includes
- Specific techniques to guide students into meditation
- Skills for honoring individuality and modifying meditation practices to suit individual preferences
- Effective language for guiding students into healthy practice
- 112 ways to refresh your approach to meditation.
■ This program may be taken as part of Kripalu’s 1000-Hour Yoga Teacher Training, or as a standalone program.
Program at a Glance
Lorin Roche, PhD, has been teaching meditation since 1968. He is the author of Meditation Made Easy and Whole Body Meditations.Full Bio and Programs