- April 2–7, 2017
- Sunday–Friday: 5 nights
Restorative Yoga Therapeutic Teacher Training
- Presenter: Jillian Pransky
For yoga teachers; bodyworkers; nurses; and physical, occupational, and mental-health therapists.
Learn to bring your students into a practice of restorative yoga that helps them release layers of tension and feel at ease in their bodies. Jillian Pransky offers clarity on how the gross anatomy, subtle energy body, emotional body, and mental body work together in restorative poses.
Through practice, hands-on practice-teaching, lecture, and discussion, this training covers
- The relaxation response and the central nervous system
- Alignment to support optimal energy flow
- Sequencing restorative poses for therapeutic applications during times of injury, illness, and recovery
- The koshas and the energy body in asana
- Restorative asanas for different environments, special populations, and students with limited physical abilities
- Meditation and visualization for healing
- Handling emotional responses and releases during practice
- The dynamic use of props
- Restorative yoga as a form of relaxation and to support spiritual practice.
Note Tuition includes a manual. Please bring a camera to photograph poses and an eye pillow, if you have one. This program includes extended hours.
■ This program may be taken as part of Kripalu’s 1000-Hour Yoga Teacher Training or as a standalone program.
Program at a Glance
Jillian Pransky, E-RYT 500, international presenter and director of Restorative Therapeutic Yoga teacher training for YogaWorks, infuses her classes with mindfulness, compassion, and ease.Full Bio and Programs