- April 9–14, 2017
- Sunday–Friday: 5 nights
S. A. F. E. Yoga for Skeletal Health
- Presenter: Sara Meeks (Dipa)
For all levels, from beginners to health and exercise professionals.
Create safety, health, and strength for your bones. Sara Meeks, a physical therapist for 54 years and a Kripalu Yoga teacher since 1984, leads you through modified classic yoga postures and movement for better bone health.
Learn basics of osteoporosis identification and management, and how the principles of movement in S. A. F. E. Yoga can be applied on the mat and in daily life.
This program includes
- Meeks’ Yoga prep and S.A.F.E. Yoga to elongate and strengthen the spine
- The most effective exercise for most back pain
- Poses to strengthen thehips and minimize risk of falls and fractures
- Breathing exercises to strengthen the core and ribs
- Exercises for abdominal and pelvic-floor strengthening
- Early-morning yoga classes
- A safety code for better choices in yoga practice
- Three yoga flows you can practice at home.
Note Tuition includes a manual, handouts, and EZ Posture Pillow®.
Recommended reading and viewing Sara Meeks, Walk Tall! 2nd edition (Triad) and Sara’s DVD, available at sarameekspt.com/products.asp.