- April 16–21, 2017
- Sunday–Friday: 5 nights
Surfing the Ocean of Life Meditations for Thriving in a Stormy World
For all levels.
No matter how turbulent the ocean of life, meditation can help you ride the waves. Mindfulness and other meditation techniques can bring you a sense of oneness, providing refuge, sanctuary, and deep inner peace.
This program explores how awareness helps you awaken out of fear into your luminous life in this moment. Through practice, poetry, humor, heartfelt discussion, and introspection, learn skills for surfing the waves, including
- Formal and informal approaches to mindfulness
- A creative method for leaving behind painful and limiting stories
- Nondual states of awareness, using guided meditation, contemplation, and writing
- The Buddha’s psychology of awakening.
We also spend time at the Kripalu lakefront, exploring the transformative power of water.
Recommended reading Jaimal Yogis, Saltwater Buddha.
Program at a Glance
Arnie Kozak, PhD, a psychotherapist and clinical assistant professor in psychiatry at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, has been a practitioner of yoga and mindfulness for more than 30 years.Full Bio and Programs
You Might Also Like
- February 28–March 3, 2017
- Tuesday–Friday: 3 nights