Detox for Health and Healing
Annie B. Kay, MS, RDN, LDN, RYT, is Lead Nutritionist at Kripalu. Author of the award-winning Every Bite Is Divine, she is also an integrative dietitian and a Kripalu Yoga teacher. Annie is the former…
Full Bio & Programs
Each of Kripalu’s Healthy Living Programs is taught by an outstanding team of skilled health and wellness professionals who draw on many years of experience working with people to turn their health around through integrated…
Full Bio & Programs
Your jump start for healthier living.
Detoxification is a natural body process that is compromised when our system becomes overloaded from poor diet, allergies, stress, infections, and toxins such as heavy metals. Join Kripalu's Lead Nutritionist to explore the science behind detox and experience an integrated approach to cleansing the body.
In this program, you
- Enjoy a nutritionally balanced vegetarian detox diet plan
- Learn the five common causes of toxic overload and how stress impacts digestion and detoxification
- Explore the essential elements of a science-based detoxification diet, including critical nutrients that support toxin removal
- Get answers to questions on detox topics that include organic, raw foods; acid-base balance; water needs; detox supplements; exercise; skin brushing; and sauna
- Discover how to create a sustainable detox kitchen and learn culinary nutrition tips
- Explore yoga postures that assist the detox process
- Learn strategies for dealing with emotional detox.
This program is ideal for people
- Who have symptoms that can be improved by a detox program, including headaches, brain fog/poor concentration, fatigue, joint pain, muscle aches and pain, and skin problems such as acne or eczema
- Interested in learning about the latest science and research on detoxification
- Interested in an integrated body, mind, and spiritual approach to removing toxins.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Nutritional Consultation
- Kripalu Meditative Massage
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
The Berkshire Health Systems designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Massachusetts Medical Society for Continuing Education through the joint sponsorship of Berkshire Health Systems and Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. The Berkshire Healthy Systems is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Please note There is a $75 charge for CMEs.
- 20 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 9.5 credits for Physicians (MD/DO), $30 additional charge
- 20 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $30 additional charge
- 19.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|August 10–15, 2014||Annie B. Kay, Healthy Living Faculty|
|November 30–December 5, 2014||Kathie Madonna Swift, Annie B. Kay, Healthy Living Faculty|
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More