Food in the Raw
Including some raw-plant foods in your daily diet gives you a naturally nutrient-rich boost to better health. Here are five swift tips to increase your intake of raw foods:
1. Get ready for raw by investing in a few sharp knives, wooden cutting board, blender, and dehydrator.
2. Wake up to a raw, morning smoothie by tossing some apple, pear, spinach, berries, avocado, and raw almond butter in a blender with water. Yum!
3. Invite some nutrient-rich greens to your lunch by enjoying a salad made with watercress, arugula, endive, and cilantro; sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and walnuts, and dress with extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and chopped basil.
4. Munch on a piece of fresh, seasonal fruit for an afternoon sweet treat.
5. Dive into a nori roll loaded with grated carrots, radishes, cucumber, green onion, avocado, and ginger slices.
© Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. All rights reserved. To request permission to reprint, please e-mail email@example.com.